Sunday, 15 July 2012

The End

... and so the time has come. To say goodbye to Palestine and to this blog.

It's difficult knowing what to say. Impossible to sum up the past two years in one entry. Suffice to say coming here has been the best decision I've ever made and the the time I spent here a gift.

I don't know what's in store for Palestine or the ever meandering Peace Process. What the future holds for the people who touched me, the children who became mine or, eventually, their children.

I leave it much the same as I found it. Despairing on the verge of hope and full of a life that is teetering on the edge of collapse.

For everyone who has followed these stories, thank you. I wanted to show a side of Palestine that we don't often get to see. The humanity of it, the beauty of it and its relentless grip on life.

It is way beyond me to do it the justice it deserves, but I feel lucky to have been given the chance to give it a go.




8 comments:

  1. Words of wonderful and influential..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, you have done a great job, brought Palestine closer to those of us who are unable to be there. You told us stories of the people who matter, the ordinary Palestinians who have to deal with the day to day problems.

    Thank you, and wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you friends, for your wonderful wishes, engagement and passion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as a Palestinian whom had never been in Palestine i say thank you Sara for every thing you did there and for every word you wrote here.
    good luck to you all the way and where ever you'll be.
    god bless you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sara for the wonderful, beautifully written posts over the last two years. I felt like I had been in Nablus with you! I wish you all the luck in the future. David (MidEastPosts)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much David, it's been wonderful being a part of MidEastPosts as well. I wish you all the best with it and look forward to seeing it continuous to grow.

    And thanks for the lovely comment, it is very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara, You are a true inspiration. Thank you. Steve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Steve, it means a lot to me when people read these stories and get to know Palestine :)

    ReplyDelete