Monday, 20 September 2010

Chapter 3 Ready

Yes! Bought my ticket to Jordan and will be going through the King Hussein/Allenby Crossing shortly after.

I’m hoping to find some time in my itinerary to check out the famous Palestinian Oktoberfest.

That’s right – Oktoberfest. I was just as surprised. An annual beer festival in a little Christian village in the West Bank called Taybeh. Its family owned brewery hosts two days of festivities where Palestinians and Israelis come together for a couple days of music, festivities and good, wholesome beer chugging.

Sounds good I think. Plus I’ve been going through the guide books – Jerusalem sounds incredible and I definitely want to spend some time there. It’s now dawning on me how really worth a visit this country is and I’m getting more and more excited. As someone with roots in Palestine, to finally get the chance to visit and explore is actually pretty thrilling.

I figure if I do get turned away at the border I’ll just keep trying until I run out of borders.

Then I may have to come up with a new plan, but for the moment, I’ll just take things one bridge at a time.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete